No matter what kind of digital products we buy, we will surely be concerned about how long they will last. As to a power bank, the working life is also a reflection of the quality of the product. It could be dangerous if you accidentally use the upper limit of its usage life.
How Long Can a Regular Power Bank Last?
The service life of a power bank is about 3 years commonly. So what determines the battery life? The biggest component that can affect the working life of the battery is the battery cell. The battery cell is usually 18650 or polymer. Most of the instructions of the battery charge-discharge cycles are about 500 times, and some are about 800-900 times. Every full charge and discharge of the battery should have a certain loss to the battery.
Take the charging capacity of 5000mAh and 500 times charge-recharge as an example; if the portable charger is charged every two days, it can be used for 1000 days, about 3 years. The second component that can affect the working life is capacity. In the same case, the larger the capacity, the more power it can provide to meet your devices demand, and the fewer charge-discharge times it needs, so the longer it will last.
If you purchase a genuine quality power bank and you pay more attention to maintenance when you use it, generally, it is OK to use it for more than two or three years. However, a power bank without quality assurance would go wrong at any time. Therefore, it is recommended to buy a power bank with quality assurance and from a company with a good reputation.
Zendure was founded in 2013 by Tom Haflinger and Bryan Liu and has five years experience in delivering top-quality consumer electronics that exceed consumer expectations with premiere product development partners and user-centric design.
Any Zendure portable charger you can bring on a plane worry-free! Zendure’s first product was the A-series external battery, which was supported by over 2,000 people in the one-month Kickstarter campaign, making it one of the most successful external batteries projects out there.
Here, the Slim 18W PD 10000 mAh Power Bank is one of the A-series portable chargers, it’s available on Zendure and Amazon. As a reliable brand, Zendure’s products are quality guaranteed and reliable. The slim 18W PD power bank would work longer than other power banks of unknown brands, besides, it also provides 2 years worry-free warranty. The working life of it is over 3 years with its high-end materials as following.
- Premium internal cells: It packs 3.7 V lithium polymer, which provides you with more battery charge-discharge times.
- 10000 mAh standard capacity: The capacity of it is the standard in the market and could provide 2.5 charges for iPhone X, 3.3 charges for iPhone 8, 2.1 charges for Galaxy S9 Plus and a charge for iPad. With its high-density battery, it is as slim and light as your mobile phone, put it in your handbag or pocket easily and avoid power-off problems!
- Best versatile power bank: It is fast and bidirectional. It charges QC3.0 compatible devices up to 80% in the first 35 minutes, which is 4X faster than conventional charging. It could charge your gadgets while the slim brother itself is being charged with the high-end pass-through charging technology. It has a slim body but is a powerful charger.
In fact, an excellent quality portable charger will also become less durable if you do not use it properly. So what should you do to extend a power bank’s working life?
Ways to Extend a Power Bank’s Life:
- Try to keep the battery power near the half-full state. It’s said the best use habit is to charge the battery after using 50% of the battery, although the charging times are increased, the damage to the cell is lower.
- A power bank does not do well in cold and hot environments, so please pay attention to the temperature.
- Waterproof. To be clear, a power bank does not have a waterproof function normally, so it is easy to make the product unusable once it is flooded.
To extend a power bank’s life, pay more attention to maintenance when you use it and then your power bank will last longer.