For the second year in a row, Apple released three new iPhones at once, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, with 5.8-inch OLED screen, 6.5-inch OLED screen and 6.1-inch LCD screen respectively. Figuring out which iPhone is best for you isn't as difficult as you might think. First, let's look at what these three new iPhones have in common.
iPhone XS, XS Max and XR Have Many of the Same Features
- Processor: All three new iPhones come with Apple's latest A12 bionic processor, 7nm.
- Main camera: IPhone XR does not have a telephoto/zoom lens, but it has the same 12-megapixel f / 1.8 main camera as the XS and XS Max.
- Front true-depth camera: The camera systems for selfies, Face ID, Animoji and Memoji is the same in all three new iPhones.
- Stereo recording: Apple brings this function in 2018 to enable iPhones to record stereo audio. IPhone XS, XS Max and XR have four built-in microphones that capture stereo sound while shooting video.
In addition to the above points, the three phones also have faster facial recognition systems, better stereo speakers, and they all come with a slow 5W charger and no headphone adapter in the pack. Their main differences are screen size, battery capacity and camera.
iPhone Buying Guide
If you want to get the biggest screen in Apple's history, buy an iPhone XS Max. IPhone XS Max is designed for users who prefer a plus-size smartphone and often watch videos. You can have a 6.5-inch display with little difference in shape compared to iPhone 8 Plus.
If you want gorgeous colors, maximum battery life and a good balance of everything, choose an iPhone XR. IPhone XR is relatively inexpensive and has gorgeous colors, coral red, blue, yellow and red options.
IPhone XR also has the best battery life this year. IPhone 8 Plus already has impressive staying power, and Apple claims that in most cases XR can be extended by 90 minutes over iPhone 8 Plus, which sounds much better and more secure.
Although Apple's battery life is better, a power bank that could add battery power anywhere and anytime is a must-have nowadays. Here's a quick charging portable charger recommend, which is much quicker than Apple’s official slow 5W charger.
When we plan to purchase a portable charger, what should we consider? Before we consider its capacity, size and safety recognitions first, nowadays we always add one feature into consideration, that’s charging speed.
If a power bank is able to charge quickly, then it’s convenient for us to use our phone independently. Zendure’s X6 could provide 45W PD & QC power delivery for devices, which is much faster than Apple’s slow charger. It provides:
- 20,100 mAh Battery: X6 could extend your newest iPhone almost 7 times to avoid a sudden shutdown.
- USB Type-C Hub Mode: This mode can sync and manage your files with 2 extra USB-A ports between USB-C Hub ports—it makes your work/personal life become easier.
- X-Charge Mode: This feature is rarely seen in other portable charger brands. With X-Charge technology X6 supports almost unlimited range of low-power devices, so you could use it to charge the newest Apple Watch Series 4.
If you want a super-powerful phone that can be operated with one hand, as well as a dual camera, get an iPhone XS. If iPhone XS Max is too big for you, XS's one-handed size would make you impressed. It also has many features as same as iPhone XS Max, for example, its dual-lens camera for portrait photography.
After looking at the comparisons and the purchase guidance above, you might already have a choice in mind. Please just focus on one or two of the most important things for you，whether it is screen size, battery life, color or price, then choose the best-fit one from three is not something difficult.